Getting ready for School…
Your preschooler is learning more and more everyday as their interests expand. They are beginning to investigate their surroundings even more and test their ever growing language skills. Darnall School’s preschool program, is just that “pre” school. Our focus is on preparing your child for their entry into school. The preschool years are full of enormous strides in language development, social development and conceptual thinking. We strive to prepare your child for not only the educational aspect ahead of them in school, but for life. Darnall’s preschool education is about not only understanding and appreciating your child, but understanding and developing your child’s potential. It is our goal to help your child develop the necessary skills and understanding to succeed in school and to thrive socially and academically.
Darnall’s Preschool Program helps Kids:
- Develop independently and in small groups through age appropriate activities.
- Learn through play and planned activities in our many learning centers designed to encourage language, reading, construction, math, fine motor, art, science and sensory skills.
- Develop more independence through age-appropriate activities.
- Become self confidence and academic skills in a relaxed and secure environment
- Gain independence and enhanced language skills through guided learning, skill building activities, problem solving and exercise.
- Prepare for school with an activities and centers designed around the early education fundamentals.
Want to know more?
For more specifics on each Pre-School class and what your child will learn while in our care, visit our Pre School Curriculm pages.
- Pre-School 1 — 2 to 2 1/2 yrs old
- Pre-School 2 — 2 1/2 to 3 yrs old
- Pre-School 3 — 3 years
- Pre-Kindergarten — 4 years
Communication is essential. As parents, you deserve to know everything that happens while your child is in our care. We make great efforts to ensure that you are always informed and we love to share with you your child’s experiences through daily communication. To make sure the care we provide is just right for you and your preschooler, we ask that you communicate schedule, nutritional guidelines, and any other requirements specific to your child so that we can create an individualized plan for their care.